Welcome to the Conservancy’s Watershed Education Program.
Each phase of this program brings the conservancy closer to its goal of creating awareness and cohesive community action regarding the Geneva Lake Watershed.
Phase 1: Economic Survey
Phase 2: Installation of Watershed Entry/Exit signs along prominent roadways in the Geneva Lake Watershed. Our map of the watershed indicates the proposed locations of each sign.
- April 18, 2008 PRESS RELEASE Geneva Lake Conservancy unveils Watershed Signs.
- March 9, 2009 PRESS RELEASE The Geneva Lake Conservancy introduces Groundwater Models to area schools.
- April 27, 2009 PRESS RELEASE The Geneva Lake Conservancy brings watershed and groundwater education to Fontana’s outdoor classroom.
Watershed & Groundwater Education Materials
- UW-Stevens Point Groundwater Model Manual
- Watershed Quest Lesson Plan
- Download Files (zip folder)
- Link to PBS Site
- WI DNR Groundwater Education Resource Guide
- Geneva Lake Conservancy Groundwater Model Presentations & Presentation talking points
- Geneva Lake Conservancy Watershed in a Box materials list
- Geneva Lake Conservancy School Education Program outline
Other Watershed/Groundwater Education Resources & News
- The Nature Conservancy What Threatens Your Fresh Water? What are the threats to fresh water in your neighborhood – and worldwide? Explore the Nature Conservancy’s cool interactive feature to find out and learn how to fight these threats.