Geneva Lake Conservancy’s Conservation@Home program is an education and recognition program for homeowners for their earth-conscious choices in home landscape, as well as water conservation and protection efforts.
Conservation@Home is designed to encourage landowners to become actively involved in the conservation effort. We can all contribute to environmental improvement – one yard at a time.
See our gallery of properties that have received their certifications here.
SCHEDULE A SITE VISIT
- Register online here and our staff will contact you within a few days.
- Want to get a head start? Print out our checklist and send the filled out form either through the mail to Geneva Lake Conservancy, 398 Mill Street, P.O. Box 588, Fontana, WI 53125 Attn: C@H or email/scan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The program fee is free for current members and $25.00 for nonmembers. The fee also includes a one-year membership to GLC. Not sure if you’re a current member? Call us at 262-275-5700.
- Payment can be made ahead of time online with credit card, over the phone with credit card, or in-person at the time of the site visit with cash or check.
- For questions prior to your site visit, contact the Geneva Lake Conservancy at 262-275-5700 or email email@example.com.
- Qualified homeowners will have the opportunity to receive a yard sign signifying their participation in the program and environmentally-friendly landscape.
Explore each of the six categories of the program below to learn more and see what you can do to start working on your yard now. Check out our full resource list here and see our full checklist below.
- Native Vegetation
- Learn all about earth-friendly landscaping here.
- Stormwater Management
- Yard Management
- Learn how to compost and minimize fertilizer and pesticide use here.
- Wildlife Habitat
- Establish a native plant environment that will help support wildlife here.
- Phosphorus / Chloride Reduction
- Dark Skies/Light Pollution